Friday 23 December 2011

"I'll Have Thigh, Mable"

It... It's been a while I know, its been an awkwardly long time, that zone between cheerfully popping back to let you know how I've been and storming in rudely over christmas dinner to start a fight with my estranged ex wife.
I figured I'd come back though, dust the cobwebs off the old blogger dashboard, sit down and write a nice piece for those that remain, I daren't look at the statistics for my page, though that cult following in Malaysia was unexpected.
So, as a result of my return I guess you'd like to know a bit about what I got up to, how I've been and all that? Its been fucking astounding really; I didn't think that after my last post my life would be changed by an entirely new group of friends, a new college, a job, money and driving lessons; its mental how much has changed in just over 3 months, bizarre times; Im happy, genuinely, life has changed and as far as I know its for the better.
I think the side of me, the ever-cynical, smart arse that seems to think he knows more than everyone, has toned himself down, I mean, he'll always be there, pointing out what's wrong and justifying his anger towards the man-woman on the bus who seems to be everywhere he goes: Oh darling, I detest you, yet I pine for you in your absence over this festive period, a bus is not a bus without a leaking Tesco bag and a luminous jacket.
I feel a great sadness, I suppose, to those I've forgotten about, but at the end of the day, its living for the moment that matters, and if I stopped to think about those who'd inspired me, spurned me on or sent me into the ebbs of frustration with their ridiculous idiosyncrasies: then I would be here for days, and I don't fancy that.

As far as I'm concerned I don't want those closest to me, nor those even aquatinted with me to know about this, I think that the pseudo-anonymity that lies behind these postings is what is important really.
I always get the idea that everything I write will at some point become a part of history, one day I should hope this proves incredibly true, until then I guess, I'm Jac, as far you know.

I don't want to conclude here, I miss writing these little blogs, its a nice release. But alas it is more than we're all worth to carry on reading, in the sense of the word we're all dying, do not consider this to be a triumphant return though, nor reunion, you could say that we're going back to those awkward glances across the hallway when neither of us knows what to say, then you stumble, stutter and its all a little embarrassing for both parties.
Though it is the mark of true friendship when one of us can shut the fuck up for a minute and we can enjoy the silence.
Food for thought, eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment