Sunday 31 July 2011

Diamond Hoo Ha Man

Starting today's blog entry with a song title, not overly sure what that suggests about tonight; but that song has one of tangiest introductions of any song, ever, period.

I think I'll kick off tonight's rant with a nod to Wednesday, buses, public transport once again, now as anyone unlucky enough to catch a bus after about 10 'o clock should understand, the experience is painful, clip to the bottom of your manhood painful, that type of pain that strikes late at night, or in a drunken stupor, can only be expressed with a yelp of "f***ing hell! t**t! c**t! s**t!" and a dirty look thrown at the skirting board in question. I digress.

The bus ride in question though, made me wonder, what exactly, is it about the bus drivers taking the night shift that makes them exponentially happier than the chap's taking the sunshine shift, I think its the notion of fraternity that the bus shares at that time of night, much like when the bus breaks down, or it starts to snow, everyone looks out for each-other, suddenly the angry pseudo-foreigner reading the Metro becomes the frantic texter, the grubby children become the panicked and hushed; and the average joe, seasoned (but mentally sound) bus riders (such as you and me) are all subconcisiously united in the knowledge that our plans have all gone tits up and this breaks down those awkward social faux-pas' that we put up in order to go about or journeys unhindered.

Still with me?
No?
Don't think that all my posts are public-transport-related rants, they will change eventually, this just seems to be a recurring theme recently, I believe they're called motif's.
I think I'm going to end tonight's post with a song, and I think this should be a feature that I regularly adopt, it only seems fitting today that we end with Can You Dig It by the Mock Turtles.
...Because I certainly can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RyS1DJvFpI

No comments:

Post a Comment