Wednesday 10 August 2011

She was into the stones, when I was into the roses.

So; since my last entry, shit has apparently gone down, I wont give my opinion because its roughly the same as the 60 million other briton's that are sat tut'ing at the debacle.
So what did we all get? I snatched myself a lovely size 6 Reebok Classic, its such a shame they only leave the one shoe out...
This is obviously in jest, I'm far too Indie to get involved, I mean, it was cool back in Tottenham but by the time it reached Clapham it was obviously ironic, what next, big rimmed glasses, espadrilles and a Bowie t-shirt? Jesus.
So trying to avoid the topic of the recent riots I feel I should give a little nod to the somewhat unreported world outside Clapham Junction and have a look at some of the headlines that have sailed under the radar this past week. Consider this the Hunt For Read October, or something equally as witty (...go on, you do better).
So lets take a trip to Sweden where one cheeky little chap tried to split the atom in his kitchen, but not without checking the legality of his actions first! As it turns out, yes, homebrew nuclear fission reactors are, apparently, illegal, and the young chap was left feeling a little silly. The police confiscated his nuclear materials and his computer and admitted he was better off sticking to books from now on.
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14406766)
To be honest, no wonder we're just covering the riots, there's nothing else on, except the DFS sale, but that goes without saying really; my hour long investigation has proved fruitless, never the less, the swede's never fail to dissapoint and we can all have a hearty chuckle at a bemused füül. It is a shame half my city has been smashed to pieces but it gives us something to have a good moan about, and in the end we'll have a new Foot Asylum to show for it...
Great, anyway, thanks for reading again, you know the format by now, here's your song, listen to it with your ears, and your hands, if that is how you like to go about your business.

(I now know how to link to it, for your convenience)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHP6NqQme3E



No comments:

Post a Comment